Zone Out

Monday, July 10, 2006

1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006 !!!

Well, even though I was born and grew up in Switzerland, my Italian blood boils for the Italian football team. After 1934, 1938, 1982 (which at least I remember), now the fourth world cup title for Italy. On Monday some teams of the Italian major league (Serie A), will be relegated to a minor league due to the bet scandal. Winning this cup is what the Italians need to overcome this shame and pain.

Italy has not been able to score a second goal in the first half, when they were playing better. I must admit that the French team did better in the second half and the final result could have been different. After having lost against France both the quarterfinal of the worldcup 1998 (penalty kicks!) and the final of the European cup 2000, this is a small "Italian revenge" - sorry France...

Forza Italia and vive la France!

My dear French colleagues. I know that Zidane had deserved a glorious finish of his career.
It's a pity that he had to leave in the way he did. Zinedines expulsion was justified, no doubts about this. It should however not give the impression that the game was unfair. Both teams played a physically hard but always fair game. Zidane will remain amongst the big football players in the world and still is one of my favorite sportsmans. He played a great final up to his raptus.

1 Comments:

  • I've noticed.. with a smile your conversion /metamorphosis from a "hot italian stallion" to a smooth soccer analyst:-) No offence meant buddy.. and by the way..I'm more than happy with Italy as the new champion.. rather than with France..in spite of your french friends.
    Cheers
    Julius

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home